1. The clean up (I let Levi feed himself), and
2. Figuring out what the heck to feed them!
We want well-rounded, healthy and simple to make recipes for our baby right? At the same time I want to push Levi's culinary boundaries in the hopes he won't be a picky eater (we'll see how that goes). I do write down new meal ideas I think of and try out so I won't forget them and I can remember what was a hit. This week I also took some pictures of the different meals Levi has been eating so that maybe you can get some ideas too (and maybe share your ideas with me (happy face)).
BreakfastIt is usually the same, oatmeal with fruit or bananas with cinnamon. Lately I've also been giving Levi some sprouted grain toast (lower on the glycemic index you know!)
|Oatmeal with grated pears and cinnamon|
|Bananas with cinnamon and sprouted grain toast|
I usually have pre-cooked veggies, legumes and sometimes a cooked grain in the fridge and I try to mix up something unique and quick
|Scrambled eggs with onion, mushroom and spinach|
|Chickpeas, cooked yams, cooked carrots, grated apple, cottage cheese|
DinnerI've started to feed Levi what we are having for dinner. Sometimes this means separating things or cooking a smaller portion for longer. For example, last night we had baked pasta - before I added tomato sauce to the veggies I separated some and cut the veggies up small (to hard for a baby to eat pasta sauce). I also cooked some pasta tender for Levi and then cooked ours al dente after.
|Bowtie pasta with cooked veggies and grated cheddar|
|Roasted veggies and couscous (Levi's plate in front, mine in the back - hubby and I also had pork chops )|
|Homemade falafel and spanish rice|
Also, here is the recipe for spanish rice if you are interested:
1. Cook 1 cup of basmati rice
2. In a pan heat some olive oil and saute 1/2 a chopped onion until translucent.
3. Add a couple handfuls of chopped fresh spinach and spices (salt, garlic powder, oregano) and cook until spinach is soft
4. Mix in with the cooked rice and place in glass baking dish.
5. Top with feta. You can stop here and leave the feta fresh. I my case I broiled in the oven as fresh soft cheeses are a health risk for pregnant mamas and babies.